none
How to disable security alerts using IHttpSecurity::OnSecurityProblem and GetWindow

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to disable the security alerts in WBC for certificate revocation and "The identity of this web site or the integrity of ..." (see pictures below).

I implemented the OnSecurityProblem and returned S_FALSE, and the GetWindow and returned S_FALSE.This cancled the alerts and showed the regular IE page with "continue to this website...". When i click continue, the OnSecurityProblem and GetWindow are being called again and i am getting the same page again.

I tried returning RPC_E_RETRY from OnSecurityProblem, but this stuck the WBC in a loop calling the function.

What is the right way to achieve my goal?

Thanks

Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:04 AM

Answers

• I was able to find a solution:

If I return S_OK from OnSecurityProblem it supresses the security alerts, but doesn't show the "continue to this website..." page.

If in the first time the OnSecurityProblem is called I return S_FALSE and in GetWindow I also return S_FALSE the "continue to this website..." page is shown. Clicking on "continue..." will re-call OnSecurityProblem and now returning S_OK (on three security problems codes) will navigate to the page.

It is strange since by documentation, S_OK is not part of the OnSecurityProblem return values, but it works...

Hope it will help someone :)

• Marked as answer by yehuda s Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:31 PM
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:30 PM

All replies

• I was able to find a solution:

If I return S_OK from OnSecurityProblem it supresses the security alerts, but doesn't show the "continue to this website..." page.

If in the first time the OnSecurityProblem is called I return S_FALSE and in GetWindow I also return S_FALSE the "continue to this website..." page is shown. Clicking on "continue..." will re-call OnSecurityProblem and now returning S_OK (on three security problems codes) will navigate to the page.

It is strange since by documentation, S_OK is not part of the OnSecurityProblem return values, but it works...

Hope it will help someone :)

• Marked as answer by yehuda s Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:31 PM
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Thanks for sharing the solution.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:48 AM