none
Ie 9 having errors with credential submission for Hotmail

Question

• Ie 9 having errors with credential submission for Hotmail but firefox has no issues.

So this is weird and ironic but the new Ie 9 is having issues submitting the login info to the Hotmail servers ironic because they are both Microsoft solutions.

Specifically the Hotmail login page after hitting submit brings up a JavaScript error message window that says.

“To display the webpage again, the web browser needs to resend the information you've

previously submitted.

If you were making a purchase, you should click Cancel to avoid a duplicate transaction.

otherwise click Retry to display the webpage again.”

So I tried a lot since I could not access the support page because I could not submit login credentials either so http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10  was useless. Saying “

Please Sign in to submit a question

Oops. We detect that you are not signed in yet. You need to be signed in to contribute to the Windows Live Solution Center.”

LOL so what I cannot get support. I also tried resetting my password without any problems I set up a new password but that is not the problem it still says

“To display the webpage again, the web browser needs to resend the information you've

previously submitted.

If you were making a purchase, you should click Cancel to avoid a duplicate transaction.

otherwise click Retry to display the webpage again.”

So After being helped by a phone support number I got??? How do not ask because I could not get back to them I removed cookies blah blah general general nothing helps right IE cannot submit credentials. An now I cannot seem to get back to phone support because while I was transferred before there really is no phone support for Hotmail and no one knows what to do.

Mysteriously I try firefox which I freshly downloaded and tada I can now easily access Hotmail something is broken in Ie9 so that is will not submit credentials to Hotmail any answers boys?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:52 PM

All replies