none
Yahoo's latest site is not working on metro UI IE 10

Question

• my question is that why does internet explorer ten in windows 8 keep me reminding of upgrading to IE 9 ? plus the yahoo site which i use for mails says it doesn't support my explorer and asks me to download chrome,mozilla or IE 9 or to go back to classic viewing features . everytime i want to switch to a new tab on IE metro interface i tend to close the existing tab by mistake cos of the big cross!! i windows 8 has been really nice but these are somethings which i dint find good in comparison to win 7 .also many sites say that since my browser is 64 bit ,so i cant see the videos,,Silverlight and flash content..!!           i don't want to use chrome and Mozilla either,,i like ie 9 a lot,,kindly help me out to get back to it (i did download ie 9 but when i run it,,it says already installed :(  )

Friday, October 14, 2011 6:19 AM

All replies

• Good, you find a bug in the web sites, now you can just let web developers of those sites know that their error message needs to be updated to show something like "Please use a stable version of Windows" for IE10/Windows 8 visitors.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, October 14, 2011 11:16 PM
  • thanks for the answer,,but i have read somewhere that windows softwares are always backward compatible,,so i was confused that IE 10 is successor of IE 9 then why does it not run the yahoo's latest mail version as its predecessor does !! thats it,,thanks anyways..
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:17 PM
  • IE10 is not published yet, compatibility issues like this is expected. The web designers may not want to target an IE version that is not stable.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:38 PM