none
SDK license popup message

Question

• Everytime I access Internet Explorer, I get a message that keeps popping up telling me that the Media Bar was created using an evaluation SDK. To remove this message please obtain a Dynamic Toolbar SDK license. I googled SDK license and it says that any toolbar built with the DTX SDK will show this message and the only way to get rid of the message is to contact Visicom Media and purchase a license. When I went to the Visicom website, my virus protection said that this was a malicious website and to get out of it. The Google site gave instructions as to how to uninstall the toolbar, but I don't understand what it is telling me to do or what toolbar to uninstall. The instructions for uninstalling the toolbar say to use the Ant targets in your project. Drag the targets "XML" file into the Ant view in Eclipse and choose the "Uninstall" target. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get rid of this message?.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this forum is for web developers writing web sites with IE browsers. That said.... (assuming you are using win7)

Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features

Find the listing for the 'Dynamic Toolbar' (or sort by Publisher and find the installed programs from Visicom) and click the "Uninstall" button to uninstall them from your computer.

alternatively (and if you are using another Windows version) you can turn off your IE Addons by

Start>Control Panel>Internet Options, Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"... save your changes.

Close all open instances of IE.

The next time you start it ALL of your IE (COM) addons will be disabled... problem solved.

Alternatively you could try the MSRT. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ad724ae0-e72d-4f54-9ab3-75b8eb148356

Rob^_^
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:17 AM