none
"No such interface supported" when trying to import SVG using importNode or adoptNode in IE9

Question

• Hi!

I'm trying to embed a SVG image in a XHMTL document. The image is loaded using Sys.Net.WebRequest and then imported:

var xml = executor.get_xml();
    var svg = document.importNode(xml.documentElement, true);

This works in Firefox, Opera and Chrome. But in IE9 both document.importNode and document.adoptNode throw a "No such interface supported" exception. Both methods should be implemented in IE9. Any suggestions other than implementing own importNode like here?

Thanks in advance

Rafał Rutkowski

• Edited by Rafał Rutkowski Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:16 PM Fixed exception message
    Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:14 PM

All replies

• Friday, May 06, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Years later and I find myself with the same problem. I can’t say I’m finding any useful information on this problem. Hoping someone out there may have a solution.
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

you can determine if a js method is implemented in the DocumentMode that your MSIE browser is using by typing the expression in the Console tab of the Developer tool...

f12>Console tab, type

document.importNode

type

document.documentMode

and

document.compatMode

to determine the documents MSIE rendering mode. the available DOM tree will depend on your IE version and the rendering mode that it is using to render your xhtml page.

Rob^_^

Monday, August 26, 2013 3:41 AM