none
How to downgrade from IE9 to IE8

Question

• With all of the hype about IE9 beta I'm disappointed that none of my flash player sites work.  I've installed the flash player beta for IE9 and it does not help.  Many sites do not recognize that version.  So I want to go back to IE8, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

IHMO IE9 beta should not have been released until the flash player issue was resolved.

Friday, October 01, 2010 10:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can see the instructions and avoid a post if you can find the correct forum for IE questions. I wonder how you find here, given this forum is ranked much lower than the IE forum in IE-related searches.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:53 AM
  •   So I want to go back to IE8, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/help/ie-9/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

uninstall ie9 beta and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer

Monday, October 04, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Answer of the question How to degrade IE9 to IE8 from Windows XP or Windows Vista is given at Degrade IE9 to IE8
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Hello!

When you Windows 7 install Internet Explorer 9. When you older Windows use Internet Explorer 6 and Mozilla Firefox 4.

I'am angry for Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8.

I did hurry when anoncing a Downloadmanager Pause, Resume in Internet Explorer 9.

I sould uninstall Internet Explorer 9 beta and gone to Internet Explorer 9 Final version.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:55 PM
  • Yeah understood absolutely nothing from the above post
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:49 PM
  • Hi,

This process does not need any special technical knowledge.

Just simple steps can make it to downgrade Windows Internet Explorer 9 to its previous versions.

One method is by just installing any previous versions like IE 8 and IE 7 over the installed IE 9 version.

Another possibility is through directly uninstalling the program using the Uninstall Windows Internet Explorer file present in the folder where Windows Internet Explorer is installed.

Another method to downgrade is to uninstall the IE 9 version using Add or Remove Programs option from control panel.

http://browser.iyogi.com/internet-explorer/internet-explorer-9-downgrade.html

Hope this information helps you.

Friday, September 02, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Downgrading from IE9 to IE8

1.Close all programs, click Start and click Control Panel.

2.Click “Uninstall a Program” under Programs category

3.Click “View installed updates” option in the task pane

4.Now select Windows Internet Explorer 9 shown under Microsoft Windows updates and click Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen.

IE9 uninstall process lasts for minimum 3 minutes and you will be able to access Internet Explorer 8 as usual after restart.

Note:I recommend  users to create a restore point before uninstalling IE9 because whenever you want to try IE9 you can get it through system restore option in windows.

Issue will resolved...

• Proposed as answer by Vijayan Nadar Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
    Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
  • thanks very much, worked like a charm :)
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:17 AM
  • do i have to uninstall IE 9 before I can download IE 8 again?  i tried the download and it said my computer wasnt compatible.  I have windows 7
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:33 PM