none
How to Get IE7 To Re-Prompt Password/Log-in Save

Question

• How do I get a site to prompt a save of log-in information when I previously declined saving for that site?

I have the Tools/InternetOptions/Content/AutoComplete/Settings checkbox set to prompt me to save passwords, and new sites ask me for permission to save log-in data, but not for those I've declined initially.

I don't know how to re-opt and force IE to ask me save again.

I now have ID software (Norton Internet Security 2008) that saves log-ins, but not when IE7 has been told by me not to save log-in from a previous visit.

Anyone know how to do this? 

Do I have to find and delete a cookie, or is there some way to clear a list that IE7 has of websites that I've declined log-in saves before? I would prefer to only  fix for a specific site, but if a global cookie clear is the only option, I might do it...

Saturday, August 16, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

• I'm pretty sure if you use the Reset button in the Tools->Internet Options->Advanced dialog, that will fix your issue. 

But it may be overkill for you, since it will reset all your currently stored passwords, cookies, history, plug-ins, etc.  So proceed with caution.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 4:32 PM