none
Retrieving URLs in history.

Question

• Hi there.

I'm trying to retrieve the URLs in the session history as well as the current position inside the session history.  Not the internet explorer history, but just for the current session/tab.  So after visiting some sites and going back, I'd like to know where I am in the navigation history and what URLs are in the history if I were to go forward more than once or back more than once.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.

Warren
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:37 PM

Answers

• That's called the TravelLog.  Note the interface is deprecated, which means its probably going to break or not work right when you least expect it.
    Friday, November 21, 2008 12:59 AM

All replies

• That's called the TravelLog.  Note the interface is deprecated, which means its probably going to break or not work right when you least expect it.
    Friday, November 21, 2008 12:59 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  Too bad I have to use a deprecated interface to get at it.  As long as there's the forward navigation menu beside the forward button in IE, I imagine the TravelLog will still be around.  Unless of course there's a non-public API that MS is using to make that menu.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:07 AM
  • IE7 still uses it, and, AFAIK, so does IE8 (but I haven't verified).  I think that this API was documented because non-IE components were using it, but the IE team, by marking it deprecated, is reserving the right to break it and replace it with something completely new.  Because, lets face it, the way it's designed now is kinda klunky.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:35 PM