none
Spell Checker in IE8?

General discussion

• hi all,

love the new ie8 and would be great if we have a inline spell checker? i support ie having one so that i don't have to download iespell pro.

maybe we can have it as an option that people can turn off so that those who complaing about ie can turn it off and give google toolbar all the info of their lives.

just my 2 cents.

oizus.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Oizus,

Thanks for the feedback.  Keep in mind that this particular forum isn't one of the official feedback avenues.  You may find it more helpful to using one of the avenues described in this post from the IE blog.  In particular, I believe this particular idea has already been discussed on the IE8 Beta Feedback forum, so you might be able to get more information from one of the existing threads.

FWIW, you probably should review the add-ons you're using and see if there new versions have been released to support the new version of the browser.  Each release of IE changes things to some degree and add-on vendors frequently improve their products to support the capabilities of the new release. 

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Lance Leonard, Programming Writer, Internet Explorer Developer Content
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:44 PM