none
Activex Document Server & Internet Explorer

Question

• Dear friends,

I'm working on activex document server that is used to display documents in Internet Explorer (an user enters URL address of a specified document in IE address bar, document is downloaded and displayed in Internet Explorer).

It works  ok but I would like to create also some type of progress bar in this activex document server that displays information about document's download progress.
    From my point of view the problem is that the activex document server is called by IE when the document is already downloaded (IE uses
    proper activex document server according records in registry).

Do you have any ideas how to do it? Is there an COM interface that can be used to obtain these information
    from Internet Explorer?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

tomas
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:35 PM

Answers

• IE will QI your ADS's IPersistMoniker implementation and pass a URL moniker to you when calling the Load method. Now skip the normal binding to storage and download the data in a worker thread, since you need to display the progress.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

• Marked as answer by to_v Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:07 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:47 PM

All replies