none
Cannot select text with mouse by dragging in a viewlink binary behavior

Question

• I know that binary behaviors are not supported in IE 10, but in compatibility mode they still work. I have a ton of existing code and now in viewlinks the selection is not working. I can:

• Select text by Ctrl+A
    • Select text by click and then Shift+click on another spot
    • Select text with keyboard in fields

I cannot:

• Select text by pressing down the left mouse button and then dragging.

I have created a simple project to eliminate any existing code and it is still not working. I can provide the code, if someone needs to review it. The security zone is Trusted Sites, reset to low. All the selection events are fired.

I have ran out of ideas. Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen very often

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your participation in this forum. I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

I am available for any tests and additional information. I can also give you a test project that demonstrates it. You help is greatly appreciated.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Hi Vladislav,

After discussing with some internal IE support specialties. We thnk this issue needs further  analysis or debugging the code, From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone."

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, July 06, 2013 1:30 AM
  • Hi Steven,

My company is Microsoft Silver Partner. Can you advise on what support options do I have?

Saturday, July 06, 2013 8:57 AM