03 Maret 2012 22:23
1. speaker icon with red cross: mouseover; the audio service is not running
2. control panel/hardware&sound/sound: mouseclick: audio service is not running - enable windows audio service? YES!
3. Sound Tab pops up: Playback/Recording both state "No audio devices are installed".
4. Device Manager: Sound, video and game controllers:
Creative SB Audigy 4 (WDM) - (though it's actually and Audigy 2 and, yes, I have tried numerous other/correct drivers.
PnP Audio Device
SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (for good measure via usb to test)
Manager states all are working and up to date...
Granted it's an old machine...
05 Maret 2012 18:03Moderator
Hi pils schouler,
Are you currently running the Developer Preview or the Consumer Preview?
For Consumer Preview questions, please see the answers.microsoft forums for hardware and driver issues.
- Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh John-P 06 Maret 2012 18:56
06 Maret 2012 16:11ah, CP...I'll have a look at answer.microsoft, thanks.
07 Maret 2012 1:33Nothing there that helps. Microsoft support for those who are willing to help with their beta test is substantially non-existent.
15 Mei 2012 3:23I have the exact same issue .. and can't find anything that helps .. beyond irritating.
Treo 750, Mobile 6.0
15 Mei 2012 14:40Moderator
03 Agustus 2012 19:53
What i did to solve this issue was, download the audio driver from the manufacturer site ( not windows 8 driver yet, but i used the one for windows seven/vista) and the went to device manager and update manually the driver. NOTE: windows legend was " last driver is the best one "
So update manually and i hope you fix it. Regards!!!