23 Juli 2012 20:33
I was installing, but the restart pc...
Nowq, I cannot install Visual Studio 2012 Express RC,
this is message:
How to correct this situation?
25 Juli 2012 6:17Moderator
There are many reasons which may blocked this installation.
1. AV software of firewall. I recommend you close them temporarily.
2. Open Task Manager, please check only one Installation Progress is running
3. Since you have this issue when restart, please type in msconfig onto Run prompt. Then share Srartup list to me.
Maybe some software there blocked the installation.
Additionally, you can try this workaround to fix:
1. first Open registry (as administrator) and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
2. See if there is a string value "PendingFileRenameOperations" and check the value
3. if there is one, Rename the string value "PendingFileRenameOperations" to something similar to "PendingFileRenameOperationsrename"
4. reinstall VS2012 RC
5. after install VS2012 RC successfully, rename back the string value
Barry Wang [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us