Discuss and provide feedback on Debugger Canvas, a new user experience for the debugger in Visual Studio Ultimate. It pulls together the code you’re exploring onto a single pan-and-zoom display. As you hit breakpoints or step into code, Debugger Canvas shows just the methods that you’re debugging, with call lines and local variables, to help you see the bigger picture.
Debugger Canvas 1.1 is Released!Kael RowanMicrosoft Employee31 Januari 2012 18:40
Hi everyone, we are pleased to announce the release of Debugger Canvas version 1.1. This version includes a number of bug fixes, new features, and improves performance. Some of the new features are:
- Easily turn Debugger Canvas on or off, even in the middle of a debug session.
- Quickly navigate up and down the call stack in the canvas using the keyboard or the mouse.
- See Multiple threads together on the canvas, each thread identified by its color.
- See recursive calls side by side.
- The option to edit code directly in the code bubbles is enabled by default.
This last "feature" is actually nothing new. You could always edit code directly in bubbles by checking the checkbox in Tools -> Options, but some users didn't know that option existed so we frequently heard the feedback that you wished you could edit code directly in the bubbles. This time we just simply enable that feature by default if you're installing Debugger Canvas for the first time.
To install this updated version of Debugger Canvas you must uninstall the previous version of Debugger Canvas first. (Or install QFE 2581019 from http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=38654 before installing the update.) This is because Visual Studio 2010 SP1 has a bug which prevents signed VSIXes from being updated. I will also post a sticky thread in the forum since I'm sure many of you will attempt to install version 1.1 on top of 1.0 without reading the instructions first. I would do the same thing! :)
You can read more about the new version and read the updated guide from the usual home page here:
Or you can skip straight to the download and get the VSIX directly from here:
Thanks to everyone for their continued support and we sincerely hope you enjoy Debugger Canvas version 1.1!
Debugger Canvas Available for Download!Kael RowanMicrosoft Employee13 Juni 2011 20:09
I’m pleased to announce that Debugger Canvas is available for download! You can access the link from the Debugger Canvas DevLabs page at:
or download it directly from
If you don't have Visual Studio Ultimate then you can download the trial from
or download a Virtual Machine with Visual Studio Ultimate pre-installed from
Please give us your feedback and ask lots of questions on this forum by clicking the "Ask a Question" link above. Thanks!
Welcome to the Debugger Canvas forum!Jens Jacobsen [MSFT] 13 Juni 2011 21:01
Hi and Welcome to the Debugger Canvas forum!
Please use the forum to share questions, comments, ideas and bugs as you use Debugger Canvas. We're eager to hear about your experiences, so that we can improve the tool and understand how this user experience works in real life situations.
So please click the Ask a question link above, and let us hear from you!
The Debugger Canvas team
Jens, Kael, Rob, Andrew
Menyaring dan MengurutkanGunakan pilihan ini untuk mempersempit pertanyaan dan daftar diskusi.
- 649689Kael RowanMicrosoft Employee13 Juni 2011 19:52
- 03067Kael RowanMicrosoft Employee31 Januari 2012 18:47
- 3107pNestingen 03 Mei 2013 17:27
- 0177engloon 27 Maret 2013 8:37
- 85700rht341 15 Juni 2011 13:43
- 12055Jørgen Thyme 14 Juni 2012 6:58
- 1493BrDaHa 31 Januari 2013 0:56
- 24728gabeg3461 02 September 2011 14:04
- 53789Jonny Garrett 24 Agustus 2012 11:03
- 52524AccessIT 14 Juni 2011 4:15
- 01364Kostas0 08 Oktober 2012 15:11
- 02456john cab 282 13 September 2012 22:09
- 01944GhibliCricket 24 Juli 2012 12:23
- 24732Kevin Earley 11 Oktober 2011 16:09
- 137884Brian P. Chappell 14 Juni 2011 7:31
- 01795John Ludlow 17 Juli 2012 9:46
- 02635Dinis Cruz 16 Juni 2012 4:52
- 43818Kevin gwMMIX 14 Maret 2012 8:43
- 24015George.St 09 April 2012 19:40
- 03052T S R Murthy 30 April 2012 18:40
- 13318Andrew Miller - WI 30 Maret 2012 15:18
- 113397Carl Daniel 07 Februari 2012 22:50