New to programming

Pertanyaan

• Hi All,

I am new to programming, acyually this is my first class on Visual Basic.

I get "Error while trying to run project" message.  It say there is a invalid

assembly or codebase.  The code given is HRESULT:0x80131407.  Can any help?

Thanks.

08 September 2011 3:17

Semua Balasan

• I can't give a complete answer, but the Windows SDK contains the header file CorError.h which says that 0x13 (in 0x8013) is FACILTY_URT, and the error code 0x14yy is for Security errors. Of course, that specific error is not declared, only 0x1400 - 0x1403. So, it's a security error. I don't know which access rights you don't have. Try running the IDE "as administrator" - but if that was the only problem, google would have given some results for 0x80131407.

Armin
    08 September 2011 11:51
  • Besides what Armin mentioned "Run VS as Administrator", you could also try:

Right Click application name -> Properties -> Debug tab -> uncheck "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process" to see how.

Best Regards,

Kee Poppy [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

12 September 2011 9:08
  • hi Everyone! im also a newbie in programming..sad to say i can only create designs and simple codes. i wanted to seek help from you guys coz i cannot pass my OJT if i cant create a simple program. the program is a simple data entry program.it has 3 forms in it.FORM1 for log in form FORM2 for data entry and FORM3 is for the Database.i know this is a simple program w/c can be done in excel but my prof wants it to be done in vb. for those who are interested to help me with this just reply to this and i can post the screen capture of my design with my desired functions for each controls..

thanks a lot! Bless you All!

09 Maret 2012 2:32