none
Regarding remote sqlite database connection

Pertanyaan

• Dear sir,

I have sqlite database file on desktop PC.

And my C# application running on WinCE6.0 ported ARM9 core board.

Both,PC and Apllication board are in Network.

I want to connect my application to this Sqlite Database file.

Then tell me ,How to write the connection string to connect the remote sqlite database

file with my C# application which is running on WinCE ported ARM9 Board?

Best Regards, Mrudula Choudhhari
    11 Desember 2011 10:22

Semua Balasan

• AFAIK sqllite is a local, in-process database, it is not intended to be used remotely.

I suppose you can try using database file shared out on the network share assuming sqllite provider allows for it and your device has support for network sharing client.

If not then you should use more appropriate database which allows for remote connections, e.g. SQL Express edition.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    11 Desember 2011 17:42
  • Dear sir,

The Path of my database file on desktop PC  is E:\newfolder \sql_database.db

The "newfolder" folder is shared onto the networked.

Now my application running on ARM9 ,winCE ported board.

What is connection string to connect sql_database.db database file with my application?

12 Desember 2011 4:59
  • That depended on your network settings. Probably would be something like "\\your_desktop_name\newfolder\sql_database.db"

As to connection string, you should ask in SQL Lite forums. 

12 Desember 2011 16:59
  • Thank you for the reply, but still i am unable to open the database. I tried all possible way to connect to remote database, but i failed. I will surely ask in SQL Lite forums.
    But I have one more query, that is what are the different ways to confirm that my ARM9 , winCE ported board is really connected to PC. I can check that from PC side(Network places or PING IP address) but how to check it from my ARM9 , winCE ported board. Please if you know this , let me know about it.
    Thank you.

15 Desember 2011 5:17
  • Use file explorer on your device to see if you can open network path. This is optional feature and can be not in the OS image. 

15 Desember 2011 7:19
  • there are several applications listed directly on the SQLite site which help you work with sqlite over networks... of course most of them are oriented towards a server-side application where sqlite is running...

http://sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers%22 

25 Maret 2012 16:30