Run-time error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Pertanyaan

• I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a 64 bit Dell XPS 435 with 6 GB of ram.

I am working with the Microsoft SOAP 3.0 toolkit. The error occurs when trying to run the WSDL generator. It does not appear Microsoft has developed any useful tutorials after this one which was created in VB6. I'm going through the SOAP 3.0 toolkit, but got snagged when I couldn't create the necessary WSDL file.

Any help would be appreciated.

---Mike

---Mike
    11 Mei 2010 20:14

Jawaban

• Hi Mike,

The COMDLG32.OCX is a VB6
    ActiveX control which needs to be registered.

This KB article is helful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318597/en-us

When you upgrade a VB6 project that contains VB6 ActiveX controls, or when you try to use VB6 ActiveX controls in Visual Studio .NET, those controls must be installed and licensed on the target system. But Visual Studio .NET don’t install the license information for Visual Basic 6.0 ActiveX controls.

To resolve this problem, you must install the .ocx files for the ActiveX controls on the computer. Use one of the following methods:

1)    Install Visual Basic 6.0 on the computer that is running Visual Studio .NET.

2)    Add the licensing keys to the registry.

Best regards,
    Martin Xie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    17 Mei 2010 12:03

Semua Balasan

• Hi Mike,

The COMDLG32.OCX is a VB6
    ActiveX control which needs to be registered.

This KB article is helful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318597/en-us

When you upgrade a VB6 project that contains VB6 ActiveX controls, or when you try to use VB6 ActiveX controls in Visual Studio .NET, those controls must be installed and licensed on the target system. But Visual Studio .NET don’t install the license information for Visual Basic 6.0 ActiveX controls.

To resolve this problem, you must install the .ocx files for the ActiveX controls on the computer. Use one of the following methods:

1)    Install Visual Basic 6.0 on the computer that is running Visual Studio .NET.

2)    Add the licensing keys to the registry.

Best regards,
    Martin Xie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    17 Mei 2010 12:03
  • Hi All,

I am having similar problem with my Project. I have created a VB application and wants to send an executable file to the customer. As customer dont have VB 6.0 licensed copy, I am intended to provide him my exe with VB runtime. I installed VB runtime on the fresh PC. Then run the program setup wizard created using 'Package and Deployment wizard'. Now when I run my project got an error as 'Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid 339.'.

I have COMCTL32.OCX present in my C:\Windows\System32 directory. I have registered it successfully and still getting same error :(.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem??? Any help highly appreciated. I am new to this forum so please let me know if I am missing any information which is required to solve this problem.

Regards,

-Charuta.

29 Juni 2010 8:18
  • Hello Charuta,

I have the same error as you and I did the same thing as you.

did you resolve the problem?

All the best

Elisa 

15 Nopember 2012 10:55