Load Test Queries

Pertanyaan

1. Do We have option to create transaction during the test script recording?
    2. It’s
      noticed that to run the script with caching enabling i.e. browser emulation is
      available at request level ? do you have option to enable browser emulation
      globally ?
    3. Its
      looks like caching is not working, as “% Cached Request” value in test summary
      report of load test is always showing zero.
    4. How do
      we debug script for browser emulation (i.e. caching) is working ? – as we run
      test script for continues more than one time, but all the HTTP response for
      second iterations were HTTP 200. But verified in other tool the browser
      emulation is working as excepted.
    5. Do we
      have option to merge the graphs ? as it will help us in result analysis.

Thanks in advance..
    Shreedevi

05 Maret 2012 6:18

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• Hi Shreedevi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

1. We can add the transaction after the web test has been recorded. See How to: Add a Transaction to a Web Performance Test.

2. When the Cache Control property on a request in the Web test is false, the request is always issued. When the Cache Control property is true, the VSTS load test runtime code attempts to emulate the Internet Explorer caching behavior. For detailed information, see Simulation of browser caching in VSTS load tests and Web tests.

3. I’m afraid that we can’t merge the graphs in the load test result. But we can add the new graph. See Combine two graphs.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

07 Maret 2012 2:19
  • Hi Jachk,

Thanks for the response..

But there is an issue with cache request in load test. 

In the report Cached Requests showing -0 for both the scenario like

• Percentage of New Users Property -0 with 50 & 10 users
    • Percentage of New Users Property -100 with 50 & 10 users
    • Also observed few socket exceptions as reported earlier
    • We didn’t see considerable amount different between Percentage of New Users Property 0 & 100 for response time.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Thanks & Regards,

Shreedevi

12 Maret 2012 14:28
  • Hi Shreedevi,

Glad to receive your reply.

As my understanding, it is related to your Web tests, if all requests don’t need the Cache, I think it will show us the results as yours. If possible, see Tim’s suggestion, maybe you can get useful information: Cache Control and Percentage of New Users.

In addition, one thread for one question, it would be better if you open up a new thread for the new question. This will be beneficial to other community members as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

13 Maret 2012 5:23