Connect to Team Foundation Server Dialog Box

Pertanyaan

• Hi,

When I select "Connect to Team Foundation Server" from VS2008 Tools menu, dialog box don't appear. But If I select "Connect to Database" or "Connect to Server" from the same Tools menu, there is nothing wrong.

What can be the problem for dialog box not to appear

Regards?

12 Maret 2012 8:35

Jawaban

• Hi OB, 

Thanks for your post.

Can you open the Team Explorer in your VS 2008, can connect to TFS using Team Explorer?

Connect to TFS using VS 2008, we need to install the Team Explorer 2008, please check it on your client.

If you already installed the Team Explorer 2008 on your client, I suggest you uninstall it and reinstall it on your client again, then connect to TFS using Team Explorer in your VS 2008.

What’s the version of your TFS? If it’s TFS 2010, connect to TFS 2010 using VS 2008, we need to install the below components in mentioned order. The installation order is really import to make it work.  

Install Visual Studio 2008

Install Team Explorer 2008

Install Visual Studio 2008 SP1(This will upgrade both VS2008 and Team Explorer 2008 to SP1)

Install VSTS 2008 Forward Compatibility Update

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

13 Maret 2012 7:40

Semua Balasan

• Hi OB, 

Thanks for your post.

Can you open the Team Explorer in your VS 2008, can connect to TFS using Team Explorer?

Connect to TFS using VS 2008, we need to install the Team Explorer 2008, please check it on your client.

If you already installed the Team Explorer 2008 on your client, I suggest you uninstall it and reinstall it on your client again, then connect to TFS using Team Explorer in your VS 2008.

What’s the version of your TFS? If it’s TFS 2010, connect to TFS 2010 using VS 2008, we need to install the below components in mentioned order. The installation order is really import to make it work.  

Install Visual Studio 2008

Install Team Explorer 2008

Install Visual Studio 2008 SP1(This will upgrade both VS2008 and Team Explorer 2008 to SP1)

Install VSTS 2008 Forward Compatibility Update

John Qiao [MSFT]

13 Maret 2012 7:40
  • Hi OB, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will be able to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]

15 Maret 2012 5:37