Errors in the encryption library: Failed to encrypt sensitive data. Possibly the encryption key is inaccessible because of impro
יום חמישי 03 אפריל 2008 09:34Hi Experts,
While I was processing my CUBE, it prompts me this error:
Errors in the encryption library: Failed to encrypt sensitive data. Possibly the encryption key is inaccessible because of improper service account change.
it is deployed on SQL Server 2005 developer edition with SP2 which support Window Vista Ultimate.
Can anyone fix this?
יום חמישי 03 אפריל 2008 09:53Hi,
I have fixed the problem by deleting the Analysis Services database and re-process it.
Apparently, the existing AS database does not allow me to overwrite it while I process the cube. So it generated the error above.
Besides, deleting the database and reprocess it .. is there a way to counter the error?
Appreciate your help.
יום שישי 04 אפריל 2008 23:52מנחה דיוןDid you change the Logon account for the SQL Server Analysis Services instance after creating the previous database?The database stores are encrypted using the account info and the same key is used for storing files when you process the cube - if you changed the account before you processed the cube, the stored key will not be usable for encypting the cube data.
שבת 05 אפריל 2008 02:50Thanks for the reply Raman,
However, my memory tells me that I didnt change the logon account. Here is what I do :-
1.) I did delete the existing data mining structure and cube and recreated it again in BIDS. Will the new cube conflict with the existing cube which presented in SQL Server AS?
יום ראשון 21 מרץ 2010 16:18
Delete the contents of the following folder (take a backup in case...)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\BAMAnalysis.0.db
Restart SQL Analysis service
if it does not work then copy 0.CryptKey.bin under above path
And again restart the SQL Analysis service
It worked with me.
יום חמישי 08 אפריל 2010 15:00
Yes, the above works with SSAS 2008. My experience:
1. Stop SSAS service
2. Make backup of project: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\MyProject.0.db
3. Delete SSAS database. So delete contents of C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\MyProject.0.db directory.
4. Copy 0.CryptKey.bin file from backup to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\MyProject.0.db
5. Start SSAS service and deplot/process your cube again using BIDS.
יום שלישי 10 מאי 2011 15:54Thanks - above worked for me too using SSAS 2008.
יום ראשון 03 יוני 2012 02:14
after you delete the "My SSAS Project.0.db" folder from the project data folder "..Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\",
you can also delete the "My SSAS Project.0.db.xml" from the project data folder "..Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data\"
this way you do not have to deal with not finding "CryptKey.bin" problem.
שבת 16 יוני 2012 13:06
These answers really helped restore my production environement , thanks all for your input.
I never encoutered these issues in the past until I started implementing the Data Mining phase of the project, and now it keeps on happening and I am wondering if these issues are not inheritent to a configuration param... because it will realy give my current B.I project a black eye if it keeps on loosing the CryptKey