mercredi 14 juin 2006 08:28
I tried creating a duplicate of the Team Foundation Server. The process of taking backup of the data and restoring the same on the duplicate server worked fine.
When I tried to view the reoprts on the original Team Foundation Server through the IE, the folders showing the team projects were not visible. Also in the IDE, the Reports folder has a red cross accross it.
I am using the beta version of TFS. And the original Team Foundation Server was shut down when the restore was being carried out on the duplicate machine.
Any pointers to what must be worng.
Toutes les réponses
mercredi 14 juin 2006 13:25
Check to make sure that ReportingSerivces is up and running fine. Also, when you restored the data did you also restore the ReportingServices Encryption key? Check the MSDN documentation on backup and restore procedures on the encryption key.
Also, check to see if you can navigate to http://tfsserver/reports. This is outside of TFS and is just the normal reporting services website.
Other than that, if you are using a Beta then there might be a lot of other issues going on.
jeudi 15 juin 2006 04:14
Firstly, as I have mentioned in my earlier post, the restore was done on the duplicate server hence there should be no problem with the original server.
Secondly, the reporting services and other necessary services are up.
Thirdly, when I navigate to http://<tfsserver>/reports (on the original server) I can seee only TfsOlapReportDS and TfsReportDS and no other team projects that are there on the server.
On the contrary, when I navigate to http://<tfsserver>/reports (on the duplicate server), the reports are generated properly.
jeudi 15 juin 2006 12:49
It being a beta something may have happened, but more likely is something was done to the original server, either during the backup and restore procedure or at a similar time.
Also, I'm not completely certain why you would want to backup and restore a TFS and then keep both of them running (I'm assuming you changed the server name for the second one) but I've never heard of anyone trying that. There may be some conflict with having them both up at the same time, especially if there is some underlying id or guid that has to be unique in order for services to run. I would check over at the SSRS forums to see if they might have an idea: