Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtre et triUtilisez ces options pour affiner la liste des discussions.
Error: 17066, Severity: 16, State: 1. (Params:). The error is printed in terse mode because there was error during formatting. Tracing, ETW, notifications etc are skipped.mito access il y a 17 minute(s)
- 934SLNSH il y a 1 heure(s) et 11 minute(s)
- 340LearnerSql il y a 8 heure(s) et 28 minute(s)
- 22232canadags mardi 21 mai 2013 18:35
- 323SLNSH il y a 42 minute(s)
- 133LouatMonaco il y a 9 heure(s) et 33 minute(s)
- 222SLNSH il y a 1 heure(s) et 17 minute(s)
- 244anaylor01 il y a 6 heure(s) et 34 minute(s)
- 988Goutam Ghoshal mardi 21 mai 2013 05:37
- 143shiftbit il y a 11 heure(s) et 54 minute(s)
- 899LearnerSql mardi 21 mai 2013 19:11
- 5102SPFriend mercredi 22 mai 2013 03:26
- 13111Tom Molskow mardi 21 mai 2013 21:51
- 373Andy Smith22 mercredi 22 mai 2013 01:40
- 798SPFriend mercredi 22 mai 2013 03:24
- 249pscorca il y a 15 heure(s) et 39 minute(s)
- 458shiftbit il y a 17 heure(s) et 40 minute(s)
- 5103shabilal mv mardi 21 mai 2013 07:57
- 245SLNSH il y a 17 heure(s) et 16 minute(s)
- 548johnwildes il y a 18 heure(s) et 54 minute(s)