jeudi 2 août 2012 10:44I'm not sure what the problem is here, but something I used to do in MOSS 2007 worked great, but now in 2010 it's not working.
First, I simply added some script to the HEAD section of the master page, re-named it to default2, and then saved it:
Then I went to the page that I want this new master to attach to. I clicked on Advanced Editor, clicked on Style then Attach, selected default 2, and the page loads:
There is a prompt that comes on. Not sure what it is but I click Yes:
After all of this and the pages are saved, I go live and load the page but the page is not loading and I keep getting an error message:
So I'm really not sure what's going and would appreciate assistance with this issue.
Toutes les réponses
vendredi 3 août 2012 12:29Modérateur
vendredi 3 août 2012 12:39Hi thank you. I hope to hear from you or someone else soon. This issue is driving me crazy because it used to work in MOSS 2007 but not in 2010.
lundi 6 août 2012 19:17Modérateur
Thank you for posting this error on the forums. I see that when you attempt to browse the page you are receiving a correlation id. Can you please locate the correlation id in the ULS logs and post the error here so we can get a better understanding of the issue and assist?
lundi 6 août 2012 21:17
Gregg - thanks so much for replying. I have never done this before - look up logs and such. Can you please help me with how I do this? I apologize - I'm more on the design end and am still learning my way through the nuts and bolts tech stuff.
mardi 7 août 2012 02:05
One thing for clarification... are you making your modifications in default.master as a copy or v4.master and renaming as default2.master?
Cathy Dew ------------------------------------------------------------ Consultant and Graphic Designer CTS, Inc. Blog: www.sharepointcat.com Twitter: @catpaint1
mardi 7 août 2012 11:46I wanted to add an update to this post. I think I got it to work now. Here's what I did:
Open up master page called v4.master. Saved as v42.master.
Added the JS code to HEAD section
Closed master, then opened default.aspx
Saved it as default2
Switched to Advance Mode, then Style > Attach and selected v42 master. See below:
Saved the file, went live, added content editor web part, pasted code in TXT file, linked to it, and now the JS based item displays on page (it's a live chat application):
One final general info question - what exactly is this v4.master page? 2007 did not have this so I just want to understand the "why" of it all?
mardi 7 août 2012 15:20
It is actually a very simple solution. In SharePoint 2007 the master page was default.master. In SharePoint 2010 the master page is v4.master. The default.master is still in the file system due to the visual upgrade option in SharePoint 2010.
This is why it worked when you switched to using the v4.master page copy instead of the default.master copy.
You just had a simple version problem. If you compare the two files you will notice that you can use the v4.master with UI version 3, but you can't use the default.master with UI version 4.
Glad you got it working!
Cathy Dew SharePoint MVP Blog: www.sharepointcat.com Twitter: @catpaint1
- Marqué comme réponse Mike Walton mardi 7 août 2012 16:26
mardi 7 août 2012 16:26Thanks .