Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - open file,open project and add existing item displays "The operation could not be completed"
mercredi 29 février 2012 14:23
I've been using my installation of Visual Studio for a while now without any problem but all of a sudden upon using either the "open File" button, "open Project" button or the "add" > "Existing project" context menu i run into the same error message "The operation could not be completed".
Suggested fixes I have tried:
- Restarting the Tablet Input Service
- Launching with /log (after reviewing the output I couldn't see a single error message or anything out of the ordinary)
- Check windows Application logs (same story as the /log parameter)
- Launching in safe-mode
- Switching Windows styles
- creating a new project (on my 5th new project now and still no joy)
- Checking for updates (none available)
- A few other heuristic fixes
I was halfway through coding a project and came to import another project when I found out this was happening and am completely out of ideas so any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
About the system:
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, latest updates installed;
"New Project" Button works fine as does the "Recent Files" it only appears to be the open dialogue in visual studio which has a problem, no other programs are effected.
Toutes les réponses
mercredi 29 février 2012 18:21
You may be wondering why there are no responses to your question. Probably because this is not a programming forum.
This forum is dedicated to the Help System in Visual Studio. For programming questions, you'll get the best suggestions here:
Ulrich Kulle - Microsoft Help MVP - (2007-2009) - http://www.help-info.de