Using SpecExplorer with Silverlight

Question

• Hi,

I am working on a product that currently uses the Silverlight unit test framework to run unit tests. Using Spec explorer I have built a model and want to leverage some of the existing automations instead of writing brand new adaptor (directly hitting the UI) using CodedUI or something along similar lines. However, I cannot include the library file “Microsoft.SpecExplorer.RunTime.Testing” and the associated components in the silverlight unit test project as spec explorer is compiled against .NET CLR and the View-Models and Tests are compiled against Silverlight CLR. Is there a work around here or something I may be missing ?

Thanks,

Aditya. 

mardi 21 février 2012 23:39

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Aditya,

Spec Explorer doesn't support using Silverlight as test case runtime yet. The runtime code needs to be tailored for adapting to the Silverlight, which has much more limited functionalities comparing to the normal .NET.

Unfortunately I don't see an easy workaround for the problem. What you can try is that, instead of generating test code from Spec Explorer and compiling them on Silverlight, writing a test runner interpreter which takes the exploration result file as input (.seexpl file generated during exploration, which is essentially zipped XML files) and executes the testing sequences. It's not a trivial job.

I've created an item in our feature backlog and will evaluate it during out planning of next release. For further questions, please feel free to contact speccon@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Yiming

Thanks, Yiming

• Proposé comme réponse Yiming Cao lundi 5 mars 2012 08:50
    lundi 5 mars 2012 08:49