Cannot add input form (PayPal button) to description

Question

• I'm trying to add a PayPal "Buy Now" button to my component's description.  However, the form's HTML is simply being escaped, meaning the actual HTML is appearing instead.  Are forms disallowed?  Is there anyway around this?
    jeudi 2 juillet 2009 21:53

Réponses

• This is indeed expected behavior at the moment. We have a ton of work scheduled in the coming weeks but hopefully we can get to it in one of our upcoming releases. I'll keep you posted

steven wilssens

Steven Wilssens
    jeudi 16 juillet 2009 05:43
    Propriétaire

Toutes les réponses

• This is indeed expected behavior at the moment. We have a ton of work scheduled in the coming weeks but hopefully we can get to it in one of our upcoming releases. I'll keep you posted

steven wilssens

Steven Wilssens
    jeudi 16 juillet 2009 05:43
    Propriétaire
  • Hi,

It's now almost the end of 2011, & I just tried to do the same thing (well, it was adding a "Donation" button, not a "Buy Now" button, but same basic situation). I also got escaped text (over two years later). It shows up fine in the editor, until you "save". I thought I was going crazy!

Just wondering what's happening with this issue?

Also, the behavior of the HTML editor for the Visual Studio Gallery contributions appears to be quite different from the MSDN Samples HTML editor. Why would you not use the same editor in both places? This one is a *real pain* to work with, compared to the other one. It kept morphing my <p> tags to <div> instead, but worst of all is when you're editing, the layout looks OK, but when you save it, many things change. I wasted so much time trying to get everything to look half decent.

Thanks,

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

This will help people find the answers that they're looking for more quickly.

lundi 17 octobre 2011 07:20