Does Microsoft have any documentation that describes the TFS security permissions required to perform each command in the TFPT command-line tool?

Question

• Does Microsoft have any documentation that describes the TFS security permissions required to perform each command in the TFPT command-line tool?

mercredi 29 février 2012 16:08

Toutes les réponses

• Hi pgreenberg,

Thank you for your post.

If TFPT command-line tool means Team Foundation Power Tool (TFPT.EXE) Tool, you can refer to Shai's blog.

As far as i know, there is no single article list all the tfpt command line permission. The permission needed to run tfpt.exe command line is depend on what you want to do with the command line, then you can go to the corresponding article check the required permission for the operation in TFS.

Take tfpt addprojectportal for example, you can refer Required Permissions in Add a Team Project Portal.

If TFPT command-line tool means tf commands, MSDN Library do not list permission for each tf command in a table for example. For each tf command, the permission is described in "Required Permissions" section. You can check permission in each tf command article.

All tf command-line are list here: Tf Command-Line Utility Commands.

I hope this information will help resolve this issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Best regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

vendredi 2 mars 2012 02:38
    Modérateur
  • Hi pgreenberg,

How about the issue now?

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

mardi 6 mars 2012 09:27
    Modérateur
  • I was looking for documentation on the security permissions required for the Team Foundation Power Tool (TFPT) and not the TF tool.
    mardi 6 mars 2012 14:54
  • Hi pgreenberg,

As far as i know, there is no single article list all the tfpt command lines permission. The permission needed to run tfpt.exe command line is depend on what you want to do, then you can go to the corresponding article check the required permission for the operation in TFS.

Take tfpt addprojectportal for example, you can refer Required Permissions inAdd a Team Project Portal.

Best regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

mercredi 7 mars 2012 03:33
    Modérateur