none
1.2.1.6 Not Creating ABP Automatically

Question

• Hi everyone,

I recently installed 1.2.1.6 beta and got it working with our Exchange 2010 SP2 environment. We are able to create new organizations, create new mailboxes, delete mailboxes, etc successfully. One problem I've noticed however is that address book policies are not getting automatically created when new organizations are "mail-enabled" and, thus, new users aren't getting address book policies applied.

Our concern is that new orgs/users will be able to see the default GAL and other stuff they shouldn't be able to see if they don't get an address book policy applied when they are created. Note that I can manually create an address book policy, manually apply it to users, and then GAL segmentation works as designed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mardi 10 avril 2012 08:19

Réponses

• Hi

Did you add the relevant sections in your web.config file for the server component?

<add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.ClearQueryBaseDN" value="true" />
    <add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.enableSP2abp" value="true" />

Adam

samedi 14 avril 2012 17:45

Toutes les réponses

• Hi

Did you add the relevant sections in your web.config file for the server component?

<add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.ClearQueryBaseDN" value="true" />
    <add key="WebsitePanel.Exchange.enableSP2abp" value="true" />

Adam

samedi 14 avril 2012 17:45
  • That was it...

Dang distributed architecture. Per the somewhat cryptic setup instructions I moved all my services to my mailbox server and forgot the add the web.config settings there. I added the web.config entries everywhere else (on my two frontend CAS/HT servers and on my two NLB WebsitePanel Enterprise servers) but must have missed adding them to my mailbox server(s) as well. The specific instructions I am referring to are:

"The main Exchange service in WSP Exchange solution is on server with Mailbox role or some another server with Exchange Administrative tools which manages mailbox server (or Clustered Mailbox Server, in case of Exchange 2007, or Database Availability Group, in case of Exchange 2010) remotely. Both Hub Transport and Client Access services are satellite (slave) to this service in WSP"

and...

"You should note that this main WSP Exchange service is target for all configuration settings. Settings in WSP Exchange services on Hub Transport and Client Access servers does not make difference"

I took that to mean I had to install the server component on one of my backend mailbox servers hosting our DAG, NOT to add the CAS/HT servers to the hosted Exchange service running on that mailbox server, and only run all the Hosted Exchange and Hosted Organizations services from there.

Oh well, it's working now though. Thanks!

dimanche 15 avril 2012 03:40