none
Inline Editing without Asynchronous Update

Question

• I have a SharePoint 2010 list view that has inline editing and asynchronous update disabled. But anytime I try to create a new list that also has inline editing, asynchronous update is activated, and when I try to deactivate it, the paging of the list does not work correctly and eventually asynchronous update is reactivated automatically. I was given the list that has inline editing but not asynchronous update so I do not know how they achieved this. Is there a way I can have inline editing and not asynchronous update?
    vendredi 27 avril 2012 15:45

Toutes les réponses

• Export the web part that you like, and then export the web part you tried to make the same but can't. Compare the two. Feel free to post both here also.

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

vendredi 27 avril 2012 19:45
  • Hi,

I was just going crazy on this issue. I was sure I had a view with inline editing without asynchronous update. I needed it for filtering the view via url parameter. And suddenly (at least it seemed so) it didn't work anymore. I couldn't deactivate asynchronous update anymore without deactivation inline editing.

But now I found out, that when I have a lookup column in the view, it works with both inline editing and synchronous updates. Maybe there are other field types with the same effect, didn't try...

Maybe it helps you too.

vendredi 15 juin 2012 15:04