Run-time error '53' : File not found

Question

• Hello.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this error but I really need help.

When I run some games programmed with Visual Basic, I get the following error:

Run-time error '53':

File not found

I am running Windows ME (I wonder if that can help). If anyone could help me, I would be really grateful. Thanks.

Regards,

PedroMCN

mardi 4 juillet 2006 10:57

Réponses

• I doubt anyone can help you other than the author of these games.

It's almost certain that the error is accurate in that a file isn't found but given that information alone there isn't much we can do.

mardi 4 juillet 2006 11:28
  • Agree with what Renee says but also you say they are programmed with VB.  

Are you simply the end-user of the games, in which case this is probably the wrong place.   You also say Games - plural is this occuring for a number of different applications or just one ?

Or do you have to source code for the games and am having problems debugging - in which case which version of visual basic are you using as Error handling like this was often replaced with Exception handling in VB.Net which provides a great deal more flexibility.

Either way for us to help you you need to provide more information and its probably much simpler to go back to the original author of the application.

mardi 4 juillet 2006 13:22
  • If the error actually specifies the file, you can try looking for it on your instalation media.

Otherwise, I'd try reinstalling the game, it sounds like something failed on setup.

mercredi 5 juillet 2006 16:29

Toutes les réponses

• I doubt anyone can help you other than the author of these games.

It's almost certain that the error is accurate in that a file isn't found but given that information alone there isn't much we can do.

mardi 4 juillet 2006 11:28
  • Agree with what Renee says but also you say they are programmed with VB.  

Are you simply the end-user of the games, in which case this is probably the wrong place.   You also say Games - plural is this occuring for a number of different applications or just one ?

Or do you have to source code for the games and am having problems debugging - in which case which version of visual basic are you using as Error handling like this was often replaced with Exception handling in VB.Net which provides a great deal more flexibility.

Either way for us to help you you need to provide more information and its probably much simpler to go back to the original author of the application.

mardi 4 juillet 2006 13:22
  • Actually I am the end-user of the games, and I am not related at all with their coding, I just want to play them. And it happened in some different applications. I have already searched in the Internet for something that could help but I didn't find anything useful, so if you can't help me but you know any place where I can get help I would be grateful if you could tell me it.

Regards,

PedroMCN

mardi 4 juillet 2006 21:44
  • If the error actually specifies the file, you can try looking for it on your instalation media.

Otherwise, I'd try reinstalling the game, it sounds like something failed on setup.

mercredi 5 juillet 2006 16:29
  • If your not coding then this definately is not the place for you - these forums are for VB.NET development and not support of applications written in VB - I'd contact the original vendor to obtain support from them or see if they have a web site with support information.   

jeudi 6 juillet 2006 00:44