Need help for test run error resolution

Question

• Hi,

I am running the load test and after few minutes, I am getting the error that "VSTSHost.exe" stopped working and finally the test run stops in between and i got the error as "Test host process exited unexpectedly."

Please provide the feedback for the reason behind this error and how it can be resolved?

Thanks in advance,

Pallavi

Pallavi

vendredi 13 avril 2012 12:53

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• Try turning on logging to see if we can get more info: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstswebtest/thread/bd3b1caf-ca7b-408e-b415-3b8e3465bb03  search for the question "Q: How can I turn on logging in the test processes?".  hopefully that will give us a more descriptive error.

Tim

vendredi 13 avril 2012 13:51
  • Hi Pallavi,

Could you get useful information from Tim’s suggestion?

If no help, would you mind provide detailed information? Whether you add the web tests to the load test or unit tests?

If it is a web test, does it work if you just run the web test? A new feature Saving test logs in VS2010 which makes it easier to debug problems those occur when running tests within a load test that do not occur when running the same tests outside the load test. For detailed information, seehttp://blogs.msdn.com/billbar/archive/2009/06/09/vsts-2010-load-test-feature-saving-test-logs.aspx

You could consult with the developer of web app to open the debug information to see if you can find something helpful. Or you could share us the information.

If it is a unit test, you could share us your code if it doesn't work.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

lundi 16 avril 2012 06:38
    Modérateur
  • Hi Jack,

I have tried making changes in the config file as suggested by Tim but it was not working at all.

For your information, I have added a web test to the load test. Also, previously this error was coming when i was running the load test but now when i have recorded a new web test and the recording stopped, this error is coming at that time.

Also, I am using the VSTS 2008 and will require the solution on this itself.

Please help me out, it is urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Pallavi

Pallavi

lundi 16 avril 2012 07:01
  • Hi Pallavi,

Glad to receive your reply.

I have added a web test to the load test. Also, previously this error was coming when i was running the load test but now when i have recorded a new web test and the recording stopped, this error is coming at that time.

I want to make sure that:

1. If you run this web test, it has this issue.
    2. Actually, you get the error when you record the web test.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

I suggest you try to run your App without the web tests. Just run app in your web browser (if it is a site, you could try to visit it). Whether it works? If it works, which specific knowledge are you using in your web app? If possible, you could try to use the Fiddler tool to record a web test and check it. See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/slumley/archive/2007/04/17/enhanced-web-test-support-in-fiddler.aspx.

In addition, you could try to record the same web test in another computer and check it. So we could make sure that whether it is related to your VS install.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

lundi 16 avril 2012 08:02
    Modérateur
  • Hey Jack,

My above mentioned issues got resolved when few "appsettings" were done in the config file of "VSTSHost.Exe".

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Pallavi

Pallavi

mardi 17 avril 2012 07:34