TFS 2010 - Service Pack 1 installation fails and makes Application tier unusable

Question

• Hello,

I am currently in the Process of migrating all our source code from Source Safe to TFS 2010. I had successfullyh imported our complete source code repo from a local SS instance into SQL Server (which resides on the same physical box). When I researched about restructuring folders I realized I needed SP1 installed so I downloaded TFS2010SP1-KB2182621.exe. Installing the SP failed; I then stopped the IIS service for TFS and tried again, with same result. After this I cannot open my collection from TFS Admin anymore, and cannot connect to the TFS Server from my client systems.

So I ran "TfsConfig Diagnose /scope:updates" which reported back the following:

TF255494: The following database has a more recent service level than this application tier: Configuration Database. The following software update must be installed on the application tier: KB2182621 (SP1).
    Node Warning (DIAGNOSESERVICINGONCONFIGDB): DiagnoseServicingOnInstance
    Analyzing the service levels on the databases for team project collections.
    No service-level issues were found on the team project collection databases.
    diagnose completed successfully.

I had called out a moratorium on SS checkouts on Friday, is there any way I can still rescue the situation without losing my imported source branch? How do I complete the Service Pack install? Is it possiuble to uninstall / reinstall TFS without deleting my collection?

Thanks in advance, Axel

• Modifié realraven2000 lundi 13 février 2012 09:39 wrong title
    lundi 13 février 2012 09:31

Toutes les réponses

• I had called out a moratorium on SS checkouts on Friday, is there any way I can still rescue the situation without losing my imported source branch? How do I complete the Service Pack install? Is it possiuble to uninstall / reinstall TFS without deleting my collection?

Looks like the other developers do not want to wait any longer, so we will have to revert back to using SourceSafe (with all its insecurity and crashes that it causes on my own side) until the next release window in 3 months.

Is there any way I can contact Microsoft Support about this issue? We have a msdn subscription service for TFS. I am trying to get to a usabel source code repository for more than a year now, but it is not easy in a corporate environment. Our SOS is probably going to be end of life soon, so we might have to look at alternative methods, such as git, mercury, svn, cvs (which I would prefer anyway) if TFS support isn't able to help me resolve this.

Axel

lundi 13 février 2012 13:52
  •  

Hi Axel, 

Thanks for your post. 

This issue requires more troubleshooting and I can’t reproduce this scenario on my machine. If it is urgent issue, I suggest you to contact a Professional Support Service at https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=15011&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn to gain more support on this case.  

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

mardi 14 février 2012 01:37
    Modérateur