locked
Settings1.Designer file

    Question

  •  Hi,
    i am using Visual Studio 2008 Pro since few months and have SP1 too (on XP SP2 laptop).

    Today all of a sudden, when adding/editing the Settings
    it's throwing the following errors:
    'Settings is ambiguous between declaration in Modules '<project>.My.MySettingsProperty' and '<project>.My.MySettingsProperty' (same)

    I noticed that the studio created a duplicate of Settings.Designer.vb file as Settings1.Designer.vb

    I then deleted the duplicate file from the 'My Project' folder and deleted the same in the Solution Explorer under Settings.settings

    But once i do the above, the new setting added will not show up in the IntelliSense on typing My.Settings.

    And when i try to edit/add setting, it creates the duplicate Settings1 again and throws 'Settings is ambiguous between ....' errors

    I also noticed that the timestamp of 'Settings.Designer.vb' doesn't change while Settings1.Designer.vb is always updated whenever settings are edited.
    Both files have write permissions.

    This is very annoying and frustrating.

    Does anyone know a working permanent fix to this problem?

    Thanks,
    -srinivas yelamanchili
    • Déplacé Figo Fei lundi 12 janvier 2009 03:20 redirect (Moved from Visual Studio Setup and Installation to Visual Basic IDE)
    jeudi 8 janvier 2009 19:50

Toutes les réponses

  • I have the exact same problem.

    It happens when I change a setting via the project properties.

    I ran into the same kind of problem (a file .designer1.vb) when I used an external plugin (Telerik ORM) ; I thought that it was the plugin that was at fault, but after reading this, now I'm not so sure.

    To solve it, I deleted the .Designer.vb file, renamed the .Designer1.vb file, and removed the reference to .Designer1.vb file in the project file.

    Visual Studio 2008 9.0.30729.4462 QFE

    Windows 7 SP1

    Thanks


    • Modifié cosmo0 jeudi 6 octobre 2011 15:14
    jeudi 6 octobre 2011 15:13
  • I'm having this issue in Visual Studio 2010 with SP1 recently.  I installed Telerik a few weeks back.  You could be on to something.  I've just been deleting the old settings.designer.vb file and my problems go away. This is annoying though.
    Christian Jones Software Developer, former Network/Sys Admin
    mercredi 26 octobre 2011 12:49