none
Hide all layers but one

Question

• How do I hide all layers except for one?  In the help documentation is says you can do ALT+Click on the layer you want to hide/show all the other layers, but I've tried this multiple times without success.  When I hit ALT+click nothing happens different from when I click with out hitting the ALT key.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:13 PM

All replies

• Have you tried clicking on the 'eye' icon rather than the whole layer?

Directly on the eye itself?  Holding the ALT key down at the same time.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:59 PM
  • There you go!

http://www.deebs.me.uk/web-content/I/1/WIP03/a303a.html

Quick link here 

ps: the movie should be viewable on your iPhone or mobile device that can play Quicktime movies :-)
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:20 PM
  • Yeah, I've tried clicking directly on the eye without it working.  The same thing happens when I do alt-lock, it doesn't do anything differently from when I just click on the lock without pressing alt at the same time.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:11 PM
  • Ah.

That does sound a strange one.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:23 PM
  • How odd. Is anyone else having this problem? Holding the Alt key while clicking on the Eye icon or the Lock icon hides or locks all layers but the one I Alt-click on. I'd be interested to know if anyone else experiences the problem angch is having.

Annie
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:26 AM
  • The ALT key does not work in the same way it works generally in windows 
    In ED - you need to use the SHIFT key to make multiple selections.

The way it works for me...
    To hide multiple layers, just click on the first 'eye' (without pressing any keys)
    Holding down the mouse key and drag your mouse down over all the eyes below and this should hide the layers.

Hope this helps
    Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:33 PM