none
EW4

Answers

• I'm not at all sure what Time Bandit's point was about grammar in the above post, and suggesting another software program is hardly a solution to the OP's problem.

RMD: Instead of turning off Kaspersky (which may or may not really turn off the AV scanner), update it. See the links in the BEFORE POSTING thread at the top of this forum and follow their instructions. Apparently you'll have to uninstall the current Kaspersky then install the new. This sounds like a classic case of what other people were finding--everything ran except EW.

Post back here (in this thread only) letting us know if it worked, and if not, all the particulars, including the exact steps and exact error messages.

Delete the other two threads you started about this, if you can. Don't multi-post.

2010 is the 75th anniversary of Schrodinger's Cat. Hmmm...Do I buy a present or not?
    • Marked as answer by rmdhawaii Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:58 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 3:47 AM

All replies

• The correct syntax for EW4 is "will not".

Choosing Won’t or Will Not
    So the next question is, when should you choose to use one rather than the other, given that their meanings are identical. There are two guidelines to help you decide this. First, there is a general tendency for formal language to eschew contractions, along with certain other language elements, like informal diction and slang (gonna for going to; babelicious); non-standard orthography (donut for doughnut; lite for light); and elliptical expressions or dropping of elements that are required in formal English (Going running today? for Are you going to go running today?). This is true both of formal prose and formal speech. You will find that colloquial language, particularly speech, is more likely to contain contractions.

Not all instances of EW4 have stopped working. Mine is still working just fine. Yours is special. The question is, what is special about your instance? Lately I've been using Netbeans more than EW4. If you're looking at other software give that one a spin.

Monday, November 15, 2010 3:15 AM
  • I'm not at all sure what Time Bandit's point was about grammar in the above post, and suggesting another software program is hardly a solution to the OP's problem.

RMD: Instead of turning off Kaspersky (which may or may not really turn off the AV scanner), update it. See the links in the BEFORE POSTING thread at the top of this forum and follow their instructions. Apparently you'll have to uninstall the current Kaspersky then install the new. This sounds like a classic case of what other people were finding--everything ran except EW.

Post back here (in this thread only) letting us know if it worked, and if not, all the particulars, including the exact steps and exact error messages.

Delete the other two threads you started about this, if you can. Don't multi-post.

2010 is the 75th anniversary of Schrodinger's Cat. Hmmm...Do I buy a present or not?
    • Marked as answer by rmdhawaii Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:58 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 3:47 AM