none
Cant Change Hyperlink Font Color Help

Question

• I have made a pretty large website in expression web and I have the links all in a reddish/orangish color except for a few. The color will not change no matter what color you choose. It stays the default blue. I have tried deleting the link and making a new one but it still makes it blue only. The page properties are set to default to the reddish color but it makes it blue still.  Also some of the ones that are red have a blue underline. Its very annoying and it cant be different colors this is for a business. Help please. Thanks.
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:58 AM

All replies

• Please post a link to the site. We can't see what's going on with the code or CSS. We could make a SWAG, but that's not very efficient. Please post a link and we'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

-Preston

Columbia, CA. USA http://www.gildedmoon.com
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 4:36 AM
  • The power of CSS. Don't depend upon page properties; control appearance with CSS. In your <head> section, create a <style> section (you probably already have one if you've used the formatting bar; it will have a bunch of "style1, style2, etc.") and put this rule into it:

a:link {
       color:reddish-orange;   // substitute the color code for your color
       text-decoration:none;
    }

The first rule sets the text color of unvisited links. The second rule eliminates the default underline. Although there are quite a few named Web colors, unless your "reddish/orangish" is one of them (doubtful) you will need to use the actual hex color code as the argument to the color rule. If you have many pages, you should extract this to an external style sheet referenced by all pages. If all of this is gibberish to you, you need to learn something about what you're doing before building a Web site for business purposes.

cheers,
    scott
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 4:36 AM
  • Personally Iprefer to use a {set defaults for all states } then use visited, hover, active/focus to set what I want different about them

a { color: #006666; text-decoration: none; }
    a:hover, a:active, a:focus {text-decoration: underline;}
    a:visited {#666666;}
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com and online instructor led Expression Classes
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:44 PM
  • Thank you that fixed it. I didn't add your code but I did see the same code under style and the color: tag said blue. I changed it to the hex code i wanted and it fixed all the link colors. Simple.
    Sunday, August 02, 2009 3:51 AM