none
Open page in same window

Question

• I have created a web site using FrontPage and then later Web Expressions. Some of the pages on my site open in the same browser\window and other open in a new browser\window. I don't know what I did to cause either behavior but I would like to change the pages that open in a new browswer\window so they open in the same browser\window.

Thanks.

Greg Maxey Please visit my website at: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 8:53 PM

Answers

• Use find and replace and search for instances of: target="_blank"
    and replace them with nothing entered in Replace.
    Expression Web MVP
    • Marked as answer by Greg Maxey Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:23 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:48 AM

All replies

• Would you please provide a link to  page which is demonstrating the problem and the actual link would be useful as well.

The page is full of issue such as buttons pointing to the _derived folder. MVPS.org just changed servers so there are not more FPSE available. I'd suggest that you take the opportunnty to clean up the site. You may also find that links break because you have a lot of spaces in file names plus there iss a lot of MS Word code in there that is IE 6 specific.

You may find the Basic Website tutorial  in the FAQ useful since it was created with the FrontPage usr in mind.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 10:26 PM
  • Use find and replace and search for instances of: target="_blank"
    and replace them with nothing entered in Replace.
    Expression Web MVP
    • Marked as answer by Greg Maxey Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:23 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:48 AM