none
The inverted "?"

Question

• This is forum related.  In two threads one in EWSP and EBlend I have seen these inverted "?".  Are these intentional code symblols oru have I picked up some kind of font bug?

Thanks,

MIKE E

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• It is part of how the BOM displays when a server/technology doesn't understand Byte Order Marks.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    • Marked as answer by ebermed Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:41 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:23 AM
  • Thank You Cheryl

Okay how would you type that character? If one had to? Just curious

MIKE E

"It's like déjà vu all over again." — Yogi Berra
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:48 AM
  • It has nothing to do with typing.

But if you wanted to, simply turn the page upside down.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:11 AM
  • And for those of us without swivel monitors? What then, Miss Smarty Pants. ;-)

I have only worked on one site in Spanish, and fortunately it was just making changes to an existing site and it was all in WordPress, so I never had to deal with the body copy of the site, just headings, graphics, photos, and navigation.

But that is a good question: If I just use the  ¿  in an otherwise English site (or any other foreign character), will it always display properly?

The bird, the bee, the running child are all the same to the sliding glass door. Dimitri Martin
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:32 AM
  • "And for those of us without swivel monitors?"

"Page upside down" --> TYPEWRITER, not monitor. :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Typewriter? Typewriter? What is this "typewriter" of which you speak?

The bird, the bee, the running child are all the same to the sliding glass door. Dimitri Martin
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:17 AM
  • You know - that heavy thing sitting next to the rotating platform that has a needle for getting sound out of vinyl discs....
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:25 AM
  • ¿
    Sid
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Sid, they are talking about inverted, not reversed and inverted, and not rotated. Get with the program geez.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    LawOfAllTheLand.org -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Arvixe -- My favored web host
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:09 AM
  • And for those of us without swivel monitors? What then, Miss Smarty Pants. ;-)

Right-click on the desktop, Graphics Options>Rotation>180 Degrees. I don't know if this still works in 7, but in XP it sure is fun to do to people who leave their computer unattended and unlocked! ;-)

Jim

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:43 PM
  • Not available in my XP.  I assume that's really a function of your graphics hardware cababilities.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:49 PM
  • You're right. I hadn't noticed before, but it is controlled by Intel graphics. We have many assorted computers here running XP, and all do the rotation, so I assumed wrongly that it was a function of the system. Now I see that all of them use Intel cards. Another lesson learned, even in a silly thread!

Jim

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Not available in my XP.  I assume that's really a function of your graphics hardware cababilities.

Couple of ways, either in the monitor driver or if you have tablet pc edition in XP. The tablet bits were included in Vista & Win 7 so it should be available in both.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:03 PM