none
Adding space between header, menu and between tables.

Question

• Just starting out so any help would be really appreciated thanks.

Any way.   I followed one of the tutorials and created <div> id tags for the header and menu.   

Then I inserted a 2x2 table.   The two cells on the left will have imgs and the two on the right will have text/imgs    Couldn't figure out how to just type it in so i created a page in "paint" saved it as a png and then inserted it as an img.

The thing I can't figure out is how to add/adjust the space between the header, menu and tables.

Thx

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:25 PM

All replies

• If you're a 'newbie', I advise you to take a look at the FAQ Start Here post, for some resources and tutorials on CSS and HTML, a basic knowledge of which really is required to use EW effectively.

Can we see an example link to a page to see what you are trying to achieve? 

For spacing between elements - use CSS to set the Padding / Margins values.

If you mean the spacing in the table, then if you right click in the table and choose table (or cell) properties and look for the cell padding/spacing options, that might be what you're after.

Making your entire page content an image (if I understand you correctly) is not a good thing - it won't be indexed by search engines and will not load efficiently.  You can type text into the table's cells, so I don't understand your difficulty there.  You need to do a bit of work to get text aligned along side images etc, but if you click the image properties, there are options there to get the text to line up properly.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)
    • Edited by AndrewOZ1 Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by pegs11 Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:48 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by pegs11 Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:50 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:43 PM
  • Of course, since you haven't provided a link to the site so that we can see your work and the code so far (as explained in the Forum FAQ), we can only make W.A.G.s. You didn't even say what tutorial you were using. Not much to go on, right?

You'll use margins and padding to adjust spacing on all parts of the site. They should cover that some place in whatever tutorial you're using. 

The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and asks the guy behind the counter, "Can you make me one with everything?"
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:49 PM