none
Multiple Control States

Question

• Hi

I'm trying to make a theme like screen on whcih I'm planning to have multiple states of controls displayed for example a button can have three states Normal, Hover and Disabled. So what I want to do is have 3 instances of the button on screen each showing a particular state.

Is there a behaviour sort of thing to get it done? as I'm a designer and not very much in to coding?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Regards,
    S.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:24 PM

All replies

• When does the three button should show their individual state? Dynamically on a user action or fixed set e.g. when the mainpage loaded?

If you simply want to display the fixed states, you could the following:

1) Add three Buttons, B1 (to display normal), B2 (to display hovered) and B3 (to display disabled).

2) Right click B2 -> edit template -> edit a copy. In the templates view go to states panel an select the "MouseOver" state, right click -> copy to "normal".

3) Go back to the normal view. Right click B3 -> edit template -> edit a copy. In the templates view go to states panel an select the "Disabled" state, right click -> copy to "normal".

4) For each Button, B1, B2 and B3 set the IsHitTestVisible property to False.

F5 and let the show begin ;-)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Hi

Many thanks for your response. I forgot to mention in my thread that I'm not using the default controls I'm using Telerik Controls and yes I want to display the fixed states (for buttons and for several other controls like combo boxes etc)

When I edit the Telerik RAD button and try copying the states all the option appear as disabled so I cant do anything.

Can you please help me further in this regard?

Many thanks

S.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Sorry, but I didn't work with telerik controls yet. I would suggest to post to a telerik forum or to contact their support. But I wonder that this isn't possible with telerik controls?!

Because you want to display fixed states ... why don't you use screenshots?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:43 AM