none
Cursor Pointer

Question

• Hi,

I am using behaviour to set the text title link to url.
    But the problem is the cursor, when point to the text the "mouseover" effect take place...but the cursor suppose to be  changed to "finger pointer " icon. Instead it show text editing cursor like this " | "
    Why this happen ? How to make it back to normal.

Regards
    Friday, August 15, 2008 2:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Add a style="cursor: pointer;" attribute to the element.
    • Marked as answer by tckoon Friday, August 15, 2008 3:14 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2008 3:06 PM
  • Thanks Chris, it work. I think Expression need to fix this problem in "Behaviour" section.

Regards
    Friday, August 15, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Which behavior exactly did you use?
    Friday, August 15, 2008 3:16 PM
  • mouseover and onclick
    Friday, August 15, 2008 3:34 PM
  • That's not  aproblem with Expression, the reason you don't see the hand cursor on a mouseover or onclick is because it's not a link because there's no <a href=""></a>

Therefore the browser doesn't display the hand cursor.
    You can add an empty href tag like the one above to display the hand cursor.
    FrontPage MVP
    Friday, August 15, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Ok. You right. But when I use Open Browser Window, there no longer have valid <a href=""> </a> due to script calling.
    Therefore no cursor pointer.

Regards

<div style="position: absolute; width: 82px; height: 16px; z-index: 1; left: 28px; top: 561px" id="layer20" class="style54" onmouseout="FP_changePropRestore()" onmouseover="FP_changeProp(/*id*/'layer20',1,'style.color','#99CCFF')" onclick="FP_openNewWindow('380', '450', false, false, false, false, false, false, 'order', /*href*/'ordering/how-to-order.htm')">
        How to Order</div>
    Friday, August 15, 2008 4:06 PM