none
Microsoft Expression Web 2 Free Trial product key

Question

• I just downloaded the 30 trial for Expression Web 2.0.  Can't find where to get the product key for this install.  All links open pages that refer to 3.0.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Read the other posts about this.
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:25 PM
  • Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:29 PM
  • Thanks Steve. 
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 11:02 PM
  • I've tried this and it don't work.

aat

Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:52 PM
  • You do realize that the current version of Expression Web is 4 and this thread refers to version 2 which is 2 behind the current one? Which would also explain why the last post was in 2009.
    Expression Web Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Expression Web forums
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:03 PM
  • Yes, but my teacher is using EW2 and gave us a download link for this thus being better able fo follow the class.

Monday, February 21, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Your teacher is not very bright, specifying a version which is two years and two versions out of date, and no longer available. I hope that you're not having to pay for this course. You might want to explain to them that even if their text/teacher's guide is for EW2, it will be easier for her/him to make the necessary adjustments for EW4 than to expect the entire class to obtain and use an obsolete version. I speak as a former teaching professional.

In any event, you can probably use version 4 for the course. There have been a few changes that might cause minor issues. The toolbars are no longer customizable in the fashion of EW2, and all Site functions have been moved to the separate Site menu from their former location under the File menu. You can now set up multiple publishing destinations for a site, and publishing is a bit different. Other than that, most of the interface is the same, or similar enough not to impede learning, especially since their objective should be to teach you HTML and CSS, not Expression Web.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:59 PM
  • Your teacher needs to adjust what he/she is teaching to use version 4 since version 2 is no longer sold and version 4 has features such as SuperPreview that are not in version 2. That alone when you are creating cross browser sites is worth the $79 price difference.

If you are taking your class at a college or university (with .edu extension on their domain) you maybe able to get the full current version of Expression Web free under the Dreamspark program.

The only way you will be able to get Expression Web 2 is to buy it used on eBay or some such place. I'm sorry it if sounds harsh but teaching a 2 version out of date program gives me no confidence that they are teaching current web design best practices.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:23 PM