none
Windows 7 1920x1200 at Larger (150%)

Question

• When working on my Dell Studio laptop (Windows 7 1920x1200) set at Larger 150% fonts and text are not showing correctly.  The text that I am working with on my page appear larger and thus runs off the page.  When I preview in explorer it is fine.  I also have dreamweaver installed and it displays correctly on the screen at 150%.  Is there any fix other than setting my display to 100%?  It is easier on my eyes at 150% but it makes it impossible to correctly work on my page.  I have problems also with photoshop due to windows 7 scaling.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 8:59 AM

All replies

• I've used 120% fonts on my computer w/o seeing what you are reporting in Expression Web or Dreamweaver. I don't have photoshop installed on the computer that uses larger fonts so I can't saw how it does but the older version of Photoshop I had on it (CS1 I think) used hard pixel settings for menus.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:00 PM
  • My system has a dell monitor with the same resolution as yours. I leave the font size at the Windows 7 default and everything is groovy. I recommend wearing reading glasses and setting closer. I have a light weight pair of 1.00 reading glasses. That way there is more screen available for plopping Sticky Notes around.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 6:50 PM
  • It would be helpful if you could point to a site and/or provide a screenshot. I'm unable to repro the text overflow with Large Fonts.

Friday, January 29, 2010 9:53 PM
  • It would be helpful if you could point to a site and/or provide a screenshot. I'm unable to repro the text overflow with Large Fonts.

I was under the impression that his trouble was with EW. I tried the 150% Windows fonts and I didn't have any trouble with EW myself.
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:25 AM