none
Mac emulator with firefox?

All replies

• It's not simply a Mac issue. You can see the same thing in FF on Windows by zooming text only. The problem is that your "gallery_image_nav" div has a height and width, but the "arrows" are just text. Anyone who has their browser preferences set to display text at a larger size, or who zooms the text will see this problem. You either need to make the arrows images, or rethink the sizing on the div.

Jim

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:48 PM
  • FYI, your wedding page isn't working for me either. When I click on the link I am taken to wedding_page_other.html, which doesn't display any pictures, just this: [photogallery/photo8817/real-netscape.htm]

If I click on the link with javascript disabled, I go to wedding_page.html, which does show all the pictures, but in one really looong horizontal row. I'm not sure what's up, but it looks like some problem with all that FP scripting. Good luck with it.

Jim

Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:14 AM
  • It's nothing to do with Mac, or FireFox.  Choose a larger than standard text size in IE and watch what happens.  You've simply designed that area to not be tolerant of text size changes: #gallery_image_nav has both a width and a height so larger text can't fit.
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:19 AM
  • Kathy and Jim,

Point is taken and understood on text arrows.  I assume there is no way to create a fixed size for the text arrows for that div? 

A couple of questions. 

If I use graphic arrows instead of text, should I put each arrow-graphic into its own div inside the #gallery_image_nav div?   Or, is there an easy way to just float each graphic to the right and left of the div without causing problems? 

(Jim, yes I realize that some pages do not work.  It was a browser redirect for netscape set up years ago.  I am rebuilting the site  :)    ).

Best,

Peter

Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:18 AM
  • You can certainly use images instead.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:34 AM
  • Sounds like the FrontPage slideshow gallery - this will only work in Internet explorer. The FrontPage galleries have always been worthy of immediate replacement.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:19 AM
  • Ron, you might want to follow the link to the site.  Your guess is not the issue.
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:09 PM