none
Difference between [activateStateAction] and [goToStateAction]

Question

• I'm building my first prototype in Sketchflow (BL4 RC) and have been successful using both of these behaviors, but neither seems to work in every situation. Is there a fundamental difference in where/why you use these? I can't find a good definition on what makes them unique or why they sometimes do not work.

Thanks!

Friday, May 21, 2010 7:36 PM

Answers

• Within a SketchFlow project, you should stick to ActivateStateAction.  Within Blend projects, you'll only have the GoToStateAction option.  We're strongly considering uniting the two behaviors in a future release, but at the time they were written there was need for them to be unique and they've remained so in part to prevent older projects from being "broken" by removing one or the other.
    • Marked as answer by ericwyman Monday, May 24, 2010 2:18 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 10:59 PM

All replies

• Within a SketchFlow project, you should stick to ActivateStateAction.  Within Blend projects, you'll only have the GoToStateAction option.  We're strongly considering uniting the two behaviors in a future release, but at the time they were written there was need for them to be unique and they've remained so in part to prevent older projects from being "broken" by removing one or the other.
    • Marked as answer by ericwyman Monday, May 24, 2010 2:18 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 10:59 PM
  • Thanks Kelly!
    Monday, May 24, 2010 2:19 PM