none
Compatible TV Tuners

All replies

• I am testing Expression Encoder 3.0.1332.0 on a HP Slimline Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Desktop that came with an AverMedia H789 PCI-E Hybrid DVB-T Card that is working ok in Windows Media Center (driver version 7.102.64.82 with date 13/11/2009 ).  If I try to use live encoding I am able to choose the Tuner as Video Device, but in Audio Device, if I choose the same tv tuner, I got no audio.  The only other Audio option is the microphone.  there is no line-in cable from the pci tv tuner to the computer line in.  Is there no option or workaround to get the audio from this tv tuner card to be used in the encoder?  just as windows media center uses it.?
    • Merged by Eric JuteauModerator Tuesday, June 01, 2010 1:30 PM Same user, same set of questions. No need for multiple threads for this issue.
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:54 AM
  • Good morning jbadilla

Regarding the AVerMedia H789 PCI-E: We test primarily with non-integrated hardware since PC OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) incorporate a huge array of differing hardware. That said, if their drivers comply with the WDM standards, we should allow you to capture both audio and video from the device.

I suspect this manufacturer has exposed both the audio and video pins on the same filter.   If my supposition is correct, then please follow these steps:

1. In the defined live source, locate and click the Configure button next to "Video Line" under the Live Sources tab.

2. Check to see if AVerMedia driver exposes a "Crossbar Dialog" in the context menu that pops up after you've clicked Configure and, if so, select it. * If there isn't a Crossbar dialog let me know. You may need to involve the device manufacturer in that instance.

3. I'd expect the Properties dialog to have an Input and Output selection. Please note I'm basing this on what I've observed other manufacturers doing.  What you'll see may be different.  I expect you'll see a selection for video input and output

4. On the output side of this dialog, expand the otuptu pulldown and select whichever audio device is shown

5. I suspect when you chose your audio output there was nothing defined for the input.  Expand that pull down and locate "<whatever> tuner".  Then click OK.

6. Attempt your audio video capture using whichever profile you've defined.

Regarding the KWorld USB Analog TV Stick Pro II (UB490-A):  We don't have one of these in house. I'll attempt to get a few of these in house for testing.

Friday, May 28, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Good morning jbadilla

manufacturer has exposed both the audio and video pins on the same filter.   If my supposition is correct, then please follow these steps:

1. In the defined live source, locate and click the Configure button next to "Video Line" under the Live Sources tab.

2. Check to see if AVerMedia driver exposes a "Crossbar Dialog" in the context menu that pops up after you've clicked Configure and, if so, select it. * If there isn't a Crossbar dialog let me know. You may need to involve the device manufacturer in that instance.

3. I'd expect the Properties dialog to have an Input and Output selection. Please note I'm basing this on what I've observed other manufacturers doing.  What you'll see may be different.  I expect you'll see a selection for video input and output

4. On the output side of this dialog, expand the otuptu pulldown and select whichever audio device is shown

5. I suspect when you chose your audio output there was nothing defined for the input.  Expand that pull down and locate "<whatever> tuner".  Then click OK.

6. Attempt your audio video capture using whichever profile you've defined.

Friday, May 28, 2010 5:21 PM
  • Good night, thanks for the proposed steps,  I got the crossbar Dialog, and I select the Audio Tuner In, for the Audio Decoder Out option, I am still not getting audio, Another thing is after setting the crossbar options, if I select the AVerMedia device in the Audio Device dropdown, the crossbar dialog option dissappears from the Video Line Configure Options, and is replaced by a Capture pin dialog option in which I cannot set any option.  The configure Audio source button gives me video related options which are the same as capture dialog options from the video source. Any ideas if I have any wrong setting?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4457/videoset.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2126/tvtunerg.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1057/crossbar.jpg

(I have tried both with Link Related Streams option checked and unchecked)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7867/videosetaudio.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/844/capturepin.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9026/configaudio1.jpg

Http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3809/configaudio2.jpg

• Edited by jbadilla Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:52 AM fix links
    Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:43 AM
  • Do you by any chance have the GraphEdit utility? Are you able to get audio using it?

I'll open a couple of bugs for these devices and see if we can't get a hold of them for testing.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:57 PM
  • I will download the sdk to try the GraphEdit utility.  Thank you.
    Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:10 PM
  • I downloaded GraphEdit, but I am not familiar with its usage, or how can/should I test the different filter combinations and how to connect the outputs/inputs to get a streaming/encoding example.  What I was able to obtain was a Graph of windows media center running with live tv with the tuner I am trying to get to work in expression encoder.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8066/graphedit1.jpg

also I displayed al AVerMedia named filters I could find on the filter list

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/339/graphedit2.jpg

Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:57 AM
  • What about the Hauppauge HVR-1250 sound configuration. Everything is disable.

I can archive live encoding with sound but it's mute in preview mode.

I'm using Win7 Home Premium 32b

Free Expression Encoder 3

I disabled Media Center

Motherboard Intel DH55TC

Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:03 PM
  • The windows media center graph is an interesting one. We do not explicitly support it like that, but I'll do some research over here and see if we can't expose it as a capture device.

The AverMedia device looks like an MPEG2 transport stream device, which we do not support currently. However, we are investigating supporting these in the future.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:10 PM
  • We do not play sound in preview mode. However, you should see a green bar indicating the current audio level.
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:11 PM
  • at first I was expecting sound in preview mode as in Microsoft Encoder 9, but I checked again for the green volume bar and from another computer connected to the live streaming, but I got no audio.  When you say the device is an MPEG2 transport device which is not supported currently, does that mean The expression encoder mechanism is different from and even If media center lets me watch and record tv with sound, encoder would not work with this device?

Update: I just installed Expression Encoder 4 Trial.  With this newer version  I am able to encode and stream with the tv audio using the avermedia pci-e tv tuner card, and the crossbar dialog does not dissapear when I select the same card as the audio source, as it's the case in Expression Encoder 3.  Should I expect this to work only in Exporession Encoder 4?, or this encoder 4 functionality might be incorporated in Encoder 3?  thanks

• Edited by jbadilla Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:58 AM new test
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:29 AM
  • In expression encoder 4, if I save a job and then I try to open it to start streaming directly, I get no audio, as if the job does not save the crossbar dialog settings.  also, after opening a job, even If I remove the live source and add it again setting the tv tuner and crossbar dialog options I get not audio.  I have to manually start encoder 4 from the start / select broadcasting project, and then adding the live source and marking Cue, then selecting from a saved preset, and then choosing streaming broadcast.  It seems as if there is something wrong with the job setting that are stored.
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:55 AM
  • No plans to update v3, so we would suggest you use v4 for this device. Note that The base version of Encoder v4 is free and will not time out. I've already entered a bug the fact that the crossbar data isn't persisted, but I suspect it's just data that we can't persist at our level.
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:09 PM
  • We experience the same behaviour with other cards.
    With a Hauppauge 150 PVR the crossbar settings are not stored at all, and most times there is no audio at all, only after first install.
    With a Terratec Cinergy Hybrid we have to create a new project every time to get audio. If we store the project, there is no audio the next time we start the project.

This is with the latest version EE4

Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:09 PM