none
Autodiscover service could not be located

Question

• I am using studio 2008 and EWS managed api 1.1. My exchange Server is 2010.

When i try to run my code, it gives me error like "Autodiscover service could not be located" on line

exchangeWebService.AutodiscoverUrl(emailid);

The email id is same as user account (like username->administrator domain->some.com) administrator@some.com. Is there any user account related problem or am i not able to access user account or something else. As i am new to this i dont know much abt it.
    Plz help me out if anyone knows about it.. :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Edited by Angad Arora Friday, December 02, 2011 6:57 AM
    Friday, December 02, 2011 6:17 AM

Answers

• The main purpose of AutoDiscover is to fill in the URI property. So, if you do that yourself, of course it will work.

Regarding the configuration, have a look here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201695.aspx

Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

• Marked as answer by Angad Arora Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

are you using your primary email? Have you set the credentials correct?

Try to enable tracing on the ExchangeService instance and have a look at the trace. This should give you some clues on what's going wrong.
     Kind regards,
    Henning

If you get your question answered, please come back and mark the reply as an answer.
    If you are helped by an answer to someone else's question, please mark it as helpful.

Friday, December 02, 2011 6:55 AM
  • After enabling the service.traceenabled = true
    I got error
    "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"
    No autodiscover endpoints are available for host (host name)
    in the form of XML.. .

and the error at last line "Autodiscover service could not be located"..

Friday, December 02, 2011 6:59 AM
  • My guess here is that your administrator has not configured AutoDiscover.
     Kind regards,
    Henning

Friday, December 02, 2011 10:16 AM
  • Thanks for replying..

But can you tell me how to configure autodiscover..

And one more thing when i used exchangeWebService.Url = new Uri("https://common/EWS/Exchange.asmx");
    Then it works fine..
    • Edited by Angad Arora Monday, December 05, 2011 2:02 PM
    Monday, December 05, 2011 1:57 PM
  • The main purpose of AutoDiscover is to fill in the URI property. So, if you do that yourself, of course it will work.

Regarding the configuration, have a look here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201695.aspx

Kind regards,
    Henning

• Marked as answer by Angad Arora Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:09 AM
  • Thanks for replying,

One more problem like when i execute my code it gives error like

"The mailbox database is temporarily unavailable"

How can i resolve this issue as Exchange server is available.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:07 PM
  • It seems to me that, while your Exchange server is running, the database your mailbox is located in, is not. Check with your administrator to solve this issue.

Kind regards,
    Henning

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Thanks for replying,

One more problem like when i execute my code it gives error like

"The mailbox database is temporarily unavailable"

How can i resolve this issue as Exchange server is available.

On your Exchange server, Check whether Mailbox Database is mounted or not, if not then mount it. You can run this PS command in EMS to check DB mount status:

Get-MailboxDatabase -Status | FL Name,*mount*

and to mount DB

Mount-Databaes "Mailbox DB Name"

Also, check whether Microsfot Information Store service is in Running state or not, and start it if not.

Regards, David Johnson
    Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:53 PM
  • I dint get??
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:00 AM
  • Hi thanxs for replying,

I have checked service(in running mode) as well as Database(mounted) both are ok.

One thing when i create new mailbox user in EMS then if i use existing user(instead of new user) option in EMS then previously created user i am not able to see. It shows other user but not which i have created..Is this the problem or else. Please give me solutions which are related to this.
    Please reply soon as its very urgent.

:(

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:05 AM