domingo, 22 de enero de 2012 3:26
I recently upgraded a test environment from Exchange 2010 RTM to Exchange 2010 SP2. I reset the AD permissions as per the following link.
We are seeing the following problems:
- 'All Rooms' Address Book is showing room mailboxes for all hosted organizations in OWA. Does not show in Outlook.
- When using the Scheduling Assistant to setup a meeting with a user from another hosted organization, the Free Busy information is showing for that user. This is happening in both OWA and Outlook.
I have also manually created the Address Book Policies as per Omar's instructions in the following thread.
We are currently running WSP 1.1.2 and Exchange 2010 RTM and these issues are not there.
Is anybody else that is running Exchange 2010 SP1/SP2 (Not /hosting) seeing these issues?
Todas las respuestas
domingo, 05 de febrero de 2012 19:30
Did you ever get an answer to this, are those instructions you provide links for not accurate?
I aske becuase we will be doing something similar in the near future. We have just moved to Exchange 2010 RTM from Exchange 2007. Seemed like an easier option than jumping straight to Exchange 2010 SP1/2 and I'm glad we did!
lunes, 06 de febrero de 2012 3:40
Here is the scoop.
I was able to resolve the 'All Rooms' by removing the <not inherited> Authenticated user permission CN=All Rooms, CN=All Address Lists, CN=Address Lists Container, CN=Address Lists, CN=Address Lists Container, etc...
In testing I was able to use the msExchQueryBaseDN attribute like in the RTM configuration to restrict access to inter-organization Free/Busy and Distribution Groups.
With that all said, the Exchange SP2 hosting guide from Microsoft specifically requires that we do not edit AD permissions for the GALs to be a supported solution. In addition, it does not support using the msExchangeQueryBaseDN in any way to restrict organizations.
I think WebsitePanel will need different changes to properly be supported.
Here are a couple guides I used to come to these conclusions.
Multi-Tenancy and Hosting Guidance for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
Migrating Exchange from HMC 4.5 to Exchange Server 2010 SP2
lunes, 06 de febrero de 2012 11:29
Thanks for taking the time to respond. This seems like a big dogs dinner to me. The more I read on this the more I get confused! :)
So the instructions on warronerrors are good except for the issues you experienced that were fixed with:
a. The permissions setting for All Address Lists
b. MSExchangeQueryBaseDN - I was under the impression this was only used by Outlook Web App but it would appear not.
Do you happen to know if upgrading RTM to Exchange 2010 SP1 will break address list segregation. We have everything configured with Exchange 2010 RTM in the exact same way we did with Exchange 2007 (currently running mixed mode so both E2K10 and E2K7 in our environment). We simply followed the migration document on the WSP website, only issues we saw were with the globalAddressList2 attribute which was addressed upfront before installing Exchange 2010 just after preping the forest and that was widely publicised. I'm thinking maybe a safer bet just to go to SP1 for the time being.