jueves, 02 de agosto de 2012 4:07
I am having trouble deciphering the failure message. The full message says:
Application Error: Application Suspend was not detected for application App. This could be because your application failed to suspend correctly. Please consider re-running the test avoid interacting with the application while tests are running.
And links to a page saying:
Make sure that your app suspends correctly. To check for Suspend, Go to Task manager > View > Status values > Show suspended status. Launch your app and then switch to the desktop. If the app status changes to Suspended in Task Manger then the app suspended. If the app dies after few seconds, then your app fails to suspend correctly.
I've ensured my app suspends and resumes as expected using Task manager. I've tried streamlining how assets are loaded and just about anything else that seems like it might impact suspension/resuming. All without any luck. Has anyone else seen this problem and figured out how to resolve it?
- Cambiado Matt SmallMicrosoft Employee jueves, 02 de agosto de 2012 15:44 Seems like a WACK failure. (From:Building Metro style apps with C# or VB )
Todas las respuestas
jueves, 02 de agosto de 2012 18:10Moderador
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. Are you running the test on a remote machine or virtual machine? These could have adverse effects on your test. Also, do you have any other software running on your test machine while you are performing the test?
How long is it taking your app to suspend? the threshold for this test is 2 seconds. If the app takes longer than that to suspend, it will fail. Keep in mind, if it is exactly at 2 seconds on a low power computer, it could take slightly longer another pc and this would also cause a failure. Could it be any of these variables that is causing the failure?
jueves, 02 de agosto de 2012 21:43FYI, I had this constantly and essentially had to remove everything other than the default Save State out of Suspend...try commenting anything out and see if it persists. The Restore never had an issue. Task Manager checks were all good too...
viernes, 03 de agosto de 2012 0:06
Thanks for the tips Jesse, Scott. In the end after spending basically 24 hours trying to debug the problem I eventually found a solution. I still can't say why the verification was failing -- the app suspended fine and resumed immediately, the tests were run on the local machine with very few other programs running, and I stopped using the computer when running the tests. Anyway after creating a blank project and trying every possible variation between that and my actual app I eventually found the following solution:
- Before, I was previously copying art assets (compiled XNB's) to the project's output directory in a pre-build step
- Now, I have added all the art assets as links to my project and marked them as content
Once I added all my assets and marked them as content the app worked without a problem. If it helps I can submit a nearly blank project which fails the verification when loading assets which not marked as "Content".
- Marcado como respuesta Alex Schearer viernes, 03 de agosto de 2012 0:06