viernes, 03 de agosto de 2012 4:43
I am using SQL Server 2000 32 bit version. I am connecting to the database with 32 bit ODBC. I am trying to run a stored procedure and everything works fine. I have put in a new workstartion which is Windows 7 64 bit. I have created a 32 bit ODBC connection (via SysWOW64 directory) and everything is running fine except for the stored procedure that I am trying to run. I am getting the error ODBC32 error 42000 ; [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver][Sql Server]Could not find stored procedure 'TestSP;1'.
Any ideas what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Todas las respuestas
viernes, 03 de agosto de 2012 5:07
The OS architecture (32/64 bit) of the client/server doesn't matter in any way, it's completly transparent for both.
Have you use the same Windows/SQL account to logon to SQL Server? If not, then the account you used may not have the permissions to execute the stored procedure.
- Propuesto como respuesta Papy NormandModerator lunes, 06 de agosto de 2012 14:11
miércoles, 08 de agosto de 2012 4:09
Thanks for your quick reply.
I am using the same sql server login among all the systems through the odbc connection. That was my first thought as well and since your reply I have double checked the permissions.
I am still stumped and would appreciate any thoughts.
miércoles, 08 de agosto de 2012 18:31
Please post your ODBC definition. Also, please post any connection string.
Try replacing the call to TestSp with:
SELECT @@SERVERNAME, DB_NAME()
Are you getting the server and database that you expected?
jueves, 09 de agosto de 2012 16:32My guess is that the working connection specifies the database to use. And the non-working connection does not specify the database so it's trying to find the TestSp procedure in the master database. Probably why Russell is suggesting querying the DB_NAME().
Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty
viernes, 10 de agosto de 2012 5:58
Thanks everybody for your assistance.
I have things working, I am not exactly sure what the issue was, but it seemed to be related to the parameters and the way the dates are handled in SQL server. I changed the stored proc input parameters type from datetime to string. I am not exactly sure why this would correct my issue, I can only think that something got changed when recreating the dataset returned by the stored procdure.
Once again, thanks for your assistance.
- Marcado como respuesta Iric WenModerator domingo, 12 de agosto de 2012 9:05